Manci's Antique Club

Architectural Setting

Constructed in 1924 by Frank Manci and Angelo Trione, Manci’s reflects the early 20th century vernacular architecture that features a 1-story structure with a living area of 3,762 square feet and total land area of 4001 square feet. The building faces east and features a solid brick and reinforced concrete construction that has allowed the building to stand for exactly 100 years. 

More importantly, the new ownership group of Harry Johnson, John Thompson, and Garrett DeLuca, have made minor modifications to the structure’s interior and exterior, as to not disturb much of the building’s integrity. 

After Hurricane Sally hit in 2020, the owners made the decision to modify the building’s shingle roof and  installed a studier metal, hip-gable corrugated roof in 2021. Overall, benefits of the new metal roof panels include a life span of nearly 50 years, designed to be weather-resistant against heavy rain, storms, and winds up to 140 miles per hour, energy efficiency, and resistance to mold and mildew.

Photograph from 2021 prominently featuring the newly installed metal corrugated roof after Hurricane Sandy. Author's collection.
Photograph of original horse posts next to Manci's. Author's collection.
Photograph of painted mural on north side of Manci's building. Author's collection.